Faculty and staff are invited to clear out and responsibly recycle all TWU non-tagged assets that may be outdated, broken, or simply taking up space within their departments or academic components. Proper destruction of storage devices and electronics is key to keeping TWU cyber secure.
On October 21, IT Solutions (ITS) is hosting Computer Crusher, a local electronic waste (e-waste) recycler, to collect TWU non-tagged assets. This event is for faculty and staff that work with TWU equipment.
- Thursday, October 21 from 10:00 AM - 2:00 PM
- Gravel lot on the east side of the Facilities Management & Construction (FMC) building, Denton campus
- Recycle departmental e-waste conveniently and securely
Computer Crusher will park their vehicle on the Denton campus at the gravel parking lot to the east of the Facilities Management & Construction (FMC) building to allow for drive-up and walk-up accessibility. No reservation is needed for drop-offs, and an ITS staff will be onsite to monitor and facilitate drop-offs.
- Walk or drive up to the east side of the FMC building and wait for an ITS staff member to check you in.
- Walk-up participants may approach the check-in table with their department’s recycling. Drive-up participants may check in from their vehicles.
- Once checked in, a Computer Crusher representative will assist with loading recycling into their truck.
This event is for TWU non-tagged assets/equipment only. Non-tagged assets include:
- Media storage such as flash drives, hard drives or tapes
- Keyboards, mice, and other peripherals
- Audio/visual equipment
TWU-owned tagged assets (assets that have a maroon and white sticker with tag number) will not be accepted since they must go through the surplus process before recycling. If your department has TWU tagged computers/assets ready for sanitation, please contact the ITS Service Desk at (940) 898-3971.
All recycling will be done offsite at the Computer Crusher facility. A Certificate of Destruction will be obtained for all TWU assets. Please let the ITS attendant know if your department will require a copy of the Certificate of Destruction for your records.
Inclement Weather and Vendor Cancelation
In the cases of inclement weather or vendor cancelation, the event will be canceled. Please follow @TWUTech on Twitter for up-to-date information on event day.