Can you find the phish? Constant streams of email provide ample opportunity for cyber criminals to take advantage of hurried email practices such as skimming content, downloading attachments and clicking links. In TWU’s first phishing tournament, you can prove your sleuthing skills by reporting authorized, simulated phishing attempts. The tournament will take place over the course of one week where participants will receive various authorized, simulated phishing emails from TWU Information Security and the SANS Security Awareness Platform.
How it works:
- Sign up to participate in the tournament. You must be a Texas Woman’s University student, staff or faculty member to participate.
- Receive a confirmation email from TWU Information Security with tournament instructions.
- Participant email addresses, first name and last name will be entered into the SANS Security Awareness platform where they will be emailed authorized, simulated phishing emails by TWU Information Security from October 11-15.
- See a phish? Report it! Don’t click on the links, reply to the email or download attachments. Participants that believe that they have received an authorized phishing email will be instructed to report it via the phishing tournament’s reporting form.
For every correct phish that is identified via the tournament form, the participant will earn one point. The top three participants with the most points at the end of the week will win prizes. Taking action in the email or falling for the phish will not earn a point. Training information is immediately available from SANS if the participant does fall for the simulated phishing attempt.
The TWU Service Desk will be aware of all authorized tournament emails. However, if you believe one of the phishing emails may be a legitimate phishing attempt by a malicious actor, please do not hesitate to report the email to the TWU Service Desk at 940-898-3971, email@example.com, or techchat.twu.edu. If you report an authorized, simulated phishing email to the TWU Service Desk, please note that to earn a point in the tournament, you also need to report it via the tournament form.
Please use the form below to register for the tournament. By participating, you agree to receive authorized, simulated phishing emails. All phishing emails in this tournament will be sent by TWU Information Security via the SANS Security Awareness platform; however, the emails may appear to be coming from known or unknown senders.
- 1st place - Apple AirPods with TWU case
- 2nd place - Apple AirTag
- 3rd place - TWU branded power bank
In the event of a tie, a winner will be randomly drawn from the eligible participants.
Register here: https://forms.gle/woavic2Aj5jfvjZ49